Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Love's Update

God is doing some amazing things in our lives as we follow after Him in this journey to Zimbabwe, Africa. We are joining T.E.A.M. (The Evangelical Alliance Mission) in Wheaton, IL in their work in Zimbabwe. We will partner with the local church in Zimbabwe in reaching out to this beautiful nation and her people. TEAM has been in Zimbabwe for 70 years and is well established and respected. The missionaries with TEAM had an active role in Anthea coming to know Christ as a teenager.  What an honor to have the opportunity to serve with this part of the body of Christ in the country of Zimbabwe.

We will be working with the ANESU Initiative in reaching out to the orphans in the country who have sadly been infected with Aids and in many cases, lost their parents to this deadly disease. ANESU is a shona phrase that means "He is with us." This phrase alone can bring comfort and reassurance that there is hope beyond our comprehension. It is only when we embrace Jesus as Lord of our life and commit our entire being to Him, that we truly understand that comfort and reassurance He has to offer. God is moving in this nation and it is exciting to be a part of what He is doing. To God be the Glory!

1 comment:

  1. I started to leave a comment the other day as I didn't know how to email you... and then I got side tracked and lost it. I think this is off to a great start! It's exactly what I would've recommended to start off with! A few things. I would reduce the size of the picture up top. On my screen it takes up the whole page and I have to scroll down to see anything. You want your most pertinent info to be "above the fold" so... what people first see without having to scroll.

    I would move your about me to the top and I'm not sure if you're able to easily do it, but I would put your email field that's between the header and content in the sidebar as well. I would also put a note saying that "if you'd like to receive updates via email, please enter your email address here." or something along those lines.

    And then the first thing that I thought about when I came here was how do I donate. Somewhere, we need to put something that draw attention... maybe "Ways To Help" and have that go to a page where your prayer requests, giving info, etc is. I know that it's in your newsletter, however, if I'm a first time visitor and your newsletter is way far down and I can't get to it, then I don't know how I can help.

    Other than that, I think it's great! Blogging is very easy, can be addicting, and is a great way to share your testimony with the world! Let me know if you have other questions. I think Bill gave you my email address. :)

    ReplyDelete